St. Patrick’s Day Flowers!
St. Patricks Day is here! On a Saturday no less. Savannah will be rocking and rolling. There will be plenty of green clothes, green beer, and, of course, green flowers.
There will be plenty of people walking around with green shirts and green beers, but how many of them will know a little of the history of our parade? Everybody knows that John Davis is ALLLLL about Savannah. So here’s a little history lesson!
- The oldest Irish society in America was founded right here in Savannah, the Hibernian Society.
- The first recognizable St. Patrick’s Day parade was in 1870 and even had a Grand Marshal.
- Although the parade now is more closely related to Catholics, at first they were organized by Irish Protestants.
- The first time the cadets of Benedictine military school attended the parade was in 1903, and the tradition continues today.
- We have had three presidents visit us during our parade over the years! They include William Howard Taft, Harry Truman and Jimmy Carter.
Do you need some more green around your house? Call us today to order a beautiful arrangement for your home! Some of our favorite green flowers are clovers, green Carnations, green Chrysanthemums.
So stack up on your green, and make sure that you have a few extra green beers in your fridge!